Created: Wednesday, 23 March 2016
Please note that the Department of Pensions Cir. No. 5/2005 dated 27.07.2005 on Payment of Pensions at Sri Lanka for Sri Lankan Pensioners Reside Abroad has been repealed.
Following documents have to be submitted to this Mission to obtain a life certificate and to get the Pension Receipt Form certified.
- A certified copy of the passport ( Photo Page and Visa Page)
- A certified copy of the Pension Card ( If available)
- A Letter from the Physician/ Notary/ Nearest Police station to proof of Living
- Duly filled Pension Receipt Forms
- Letter of request signed by the pensioner
This Embassy sends (by DPL bag) the certified documents to relevant Sri Lankan authorities such as Banks, Divisional Secretariat Office, Pension Department etc..
If the return of the copies of documents is desired by regular mail, applicants in the USA should send a self- addressed, stamped envelope with the request.
This service is free of charge.
i. This Embassy is not responsible for any document lost in the post.
ii. Submission of forged documents and making false declarations relating to citizenship is a punishable offence.
ii. Fees will not be refunded in these circumstances.
iii. Incomplete applications will be returned and consular fees will not be refunded.